Just listen.

To what I have to say because just maybe, it might be important to someone out there.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Church is only an excuse.

Church is only an excuse.


Today is obviously Sunday,
The "Lord's Day."
I told my parents,
"I see no point in going, you don't have to
go to church, in order to praise God."

Parents being parents they freaked.
Stating the following excuses.
"God does so much for us we have to thank him,
this is the only time when we're a family,
you're breaking his will."
It goes on and on.
I suppose they have a point in a way.

Well in response I told them,
"You don't have to praise God by going to church,
you can do it anytime, I see no point in doing so."
Of course the main reason is because I don't believe.

They kept insisting that I am just being lazy.
It's not true.
I don't believe in many of our teachings,
half of the time I don't know what to believe.

There's no reason to go to church, if you don't believe,
or if you're not even "praising God."

Well just to try to make my mother happy.
I got dressed and they were already out the door.
By the time I went out, no car was in sight.
They left me.

So me being me I said,
"Fuck you too."
I know the way my mother is she's just as stubborn,
so most likely she told my father to just leave me and let me walk.

Now I'm home and they should be home any minute now.
I wonder what they're going to imply now?
Ha.
Life is hilarious.

After all,
Church is only an excuse to profess you're faith.
You can do it any time,
any where.
So fuck that, I can be my own person.
Can I not?
...

No comments: